Saturday, February 6, 2010

Whoa! Part I

The blizzard of 2010 has hit 2309 Falling Creek hard. It started snowing on Friday morning and has not stopped. When we took Jack outside today, all he could say was , "whoa!".

Pap pap and Grammy were nice enough to help shovel. We had been shoveling all night and all day.



This snow accumulation was after we had already shoveled 3 times (about a foot of snow).

We can barely see Grammy and Pap pap over the snow piles.



This picture is really hard to see because everything is white. Our mailbox is buried by snow up to the metal and the snow on the road is about 2 feet and totally unpassable. We haven't seen a snowplow yet.

Jack stuck in the snow.


To give you an idea of how much snow we actually got. . .

Grammy venturing out into the street.


Sitting in the street. . .


Grammy is stuck in the snow and can't get out.

Still stuck.

Jack on top of a giant snow pile. I could barely reach to put him on it because it was taller than I was. I practically had to throw him up there and hope that he stuck.



After 4 adults shoveling all day, this is all that we have been able to clear. Worst of all, it is still snowing.

1 comment:

Martha and Jesse said...

I wish I could get caught in a blizzard at your house! That looks like so much fun!!!