Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

So with much trepidation, Jack's parents sent him off to preschool. He has gotten so big that we can hardly stand it. He will no longer drink out of a "baby cup" - i.e. anything smaller than an adult size glass and absolutely anything with a lid on it. He has classified himself as an adult and therefore that makes Ainsley a baby who isn't really old enough to play with any of his toys- except the balls (she is a really good target to aim at when you are trying practice beaning someone in the head with a foam baseball).


Ainsley didn't want to be left out of any of the photographs so she managed to wedge herself in next to Jack like the loyal personal assistant that she is.





We heard that he was super brave his first day. His mom dropped him off and his school administrator, Ms. Plunkett met him at his classroom door and took him by the hand and led him into the classroom to sit on the carpet next to his teacher Ms. Moreland. He seemed a little nervous at first but soon warmed up. When we went to pick him up, he was already ready for day two.

2 comments:

Karol said...

So cute!!! I love when I get to see new pictures!!! I miss you all way too much!!!

moochohunko said...

I cannot believe he is so grown up. I love all the pictures you guys posted. It's so good to see the kids, even though we would love to see pictures of the parents:)
We love and miss you and still hope you get the chance to visit us in Germany.

Sonila