Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sweet Angel

It is interesting how things turn out. Ainsley was a more difficult pregnancy for me than Jack had been. My co-workers joked how girls were always more taxing than boys and my response was that I could handle just about anything except eating Thanksgiving dinner care of the cafeteria of Holy Cross Hospital. But by 2 am on Thanksgiving morning, hoping that I had imagined that my water just broke, I reluctantly knew that I needed to head over to the hospital. Luckily for us, I have a good friend who volunteered to come over and stay with Jack should this such situation occur. I think that she regretted that offer as soon as she heard my voicemail but she was nice enough to come over anyway. Five and a half hours later, Ainsley was born. Thank you to everyone whose Thanksgiving we ruined!



We were not expecting for little Ainsley to arrive so early but we have loved the extra time that we have had with her. She is such a sweet little girl. Much like her brother, she is pretty easy going. Thankfully, she seems to like the car and is a much better passenger than her brother was at this age. She loves to be held and will sleep for hours if someone is cuddling her which is great because we have had a lot of visitors and family who have loved holding her.


4 comments:

Uncle Caleb said...

What a beautiful sweetheart lovegirl. My thanksgiving niece. Please give her loves for me.

Weed Family said...

yes she is. I miss her so much!

Martha and Jesse said...

I love seeing those pictures.
Give Ainsley loves and snuggles for me too.

Emilie Johansen said...

Oh you guys she is really beautiful. It looks like Jack is a great big brother.